RSA Tafe

RSA Tafe

RSA Certificate

RSA Tafe courses are RSA training programs that are offered by many institutions throughout the country. Tafe institutions are the biggest tertiary education and training providers under the Australian government, and provide a place for anyone to undergo RSA Certification.

RSA Tafe

Why Do I Need an RSA Tafe Course?

The Australian and state governments have acknowledged the need for more stringent laws regarding the selling and distributing of alcoholic beverages in the country. Because of this, RSA regulations have been imposed in order to ensure that staff members dealing with liquor are aware of their duties and obligations to customers who consume alcohol in licensed establishments. Without an RSA Tafe Certificate, places can be fined when serving liquor.

Who Should Complete an RSA Tafe Course?

Every state in Australia has different laws regarding the requirements for an RSA Tafe Course. All staff members involved in liquor distribution and sales, including but not limited to:

  • Licensees
  • Security staff
  • Bar staff
  • Floor staff
  • Promotional staff
  • Managers/owners
  • Volunteers

Can I Complete an RSA Tafe Certificate If I Am Under the Age of 18?

State laws dictate what age a person can gain employment in places that serve liquor. However, most states allow underage people to complete an RSA Tafe course provided that they don’t seek employment or use the certificate before they turn 18.

Is an RSA Tafe Course Necessary or Are There Other Options?

The good news about RSA Certificates is that there so many training providers other than Tafe courses so that staff members working with liquor establishments have a variety of choices. There are so many training providers throughout the country and in the major cities, some of which even allow you to finish your RSA course online.  The important thing to remember is that you should always check the requirements of each state so that you can be sure of what kind of training program you need to undergo. This site contains all information on RSA that you might possibly need. You can opt to go for an RSA Tafe provider or a non-government RSA training provider, depending on your needs, budget and location. For any questions that  you might have, you can post them here and we’ll be sure to get back to you right away.

  1. Trudy PhibbsTrudy Phibbs09-13-2012

    I completed my RSA with you in 2008.
    I was wondering if it’s possible for you to email me a copy of my RSA certificate?
    Please let me know either way,
    Kind regards,

  2. JaimeeJaimee09-17-2012

    Hi Trudy,

    We’re not actually an RSA Training provider – we simply provide information to visitors and recommend training providers we think offer great training and a really affordable price. Do you remember the name of the specific company you used to complete your RSA Certificate? If you remember the name of the company then you can contact them directly to get a copy of your RSA Certificate?

    Sorry we couldn’t be more help. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

    Thanks Kindly

Leave a Reply

/* ]]> */