RSA Perth

RSA Perth1

Looking to complete your RSA in Perth? Then you’ve come to the right place. We have done all of the research for you to explain what an RSA actually is, and have also tracked down some of the best training providers for you. Obtaining a Responsible Service of Alcohol WA Certificate is a mandatory requirement for anyone working in licensed establishments in Perth dealing in the sale and service of liquor. There are no specific RSA Perth certificates, so staff members working in Perth have to get the RSA-WA Certificate or the Nationally Accredited Certificate. This certification is meant to ensure that all employees in the hospitality industry involved with liquor are fully aware of their responsibilities and have the right knowledge and skills to serve alcohol beverages.

RSA Perth

Where Can I Get a Responsible Service of Alcohol WA Certificate in Perth?

Western Australia, specifically Perth, is home to many different RSA training providers. You can choose to complete a course face to face, or you may also undergo National Accreditation online. Make sure that the training provider you’re getting your certificate from has been approved by the Western Australia Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor.

We have done a bit of the legwork for you and done some research and we recommend this RSA Online training provider in Western Australia. They are both accredited by the necessary authorities, and charge about $50 for their training which makes them the cheapest providers we could find, so definitely check them out.

Why is a Responsible Service of Alcohol – WA

Certificate Necessary?

Staff members working on a licensed premises should know and understand their obligations to their customers as well as their legal duties, including but not limited to the following:

  • Definition of a standard drink
  • The effects of alcohol on the human body and on society
  • Prevention of intoxication
  • Dealing with drunk customers and dangerous situations
  • Refusal of alcohol service to minors
  • Importance and benefits of an RSA Perth Certificate

RSA in Perth

How much Does an RSA-WA Certificate Cost in Perth?

The cost of completing the RSA training in Perth depends on the training provider. National Accreditation costs from $50.00-$70.00. As mentioned previously we have found a training provider where you can complete the RSA Training Online.

Do I Need an RSA-WA Certificate to Work in Perth?

Everyone who wants to work in the liquor industry in Perth is required to obtain an RSA Certificate. This includes, but is not limited to:

  • Licensees
  • Security staff
  • Bar staff
  • Floor staff
  • Promotional staff
  • Managers/owners
  • Volunteers

Supervisory Staff

Staff members who are in supervisory positions such as managers of licensed premises in Perth must have finished the Nationally Accredited unit of competency, Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol (SITHFAB009A). A certificate that shows proof of completion of any of these units given below are accepted in WA and in Perth:

  • Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol (SITHFAB009A) – National Accreditation
  • Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol WA (THHBFB09A)
  • Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol WA (THHBFB09B)

All Servers

All people serving liquor on licensed premises in Perth must have completed an approved Responsible Service of Alcohol training course in WA. However, servers may also take non-accredited abridged courses from the approved training providers listed below. Another option is for servers to undergo the National Accreditation as referred to previously. National Accreditation is the more recommended choice as it is accepted in most states and territories in Australia, including SA, NT and ACT.

Approved training providers for abridged training courses are:

  • Clubs WA
  • WA Hotels and Hospitality Association

Can I Complete an RSA Online in Perth?

You certainly can. The West Australian Government has approved RSA Online Training Providers to offer the RSA in Perth. You can complete it face to face if you like, however it can often be easier and quicker for you if you complete the RSA Online. It’s completely up to you, but if you do want to complete it online – checkout the training provider we’ve mentioned above as they offer a great course at a great price.

What if I lose my RSA Certificate?

If you complete the RSA online then it should be really easy to get your certificate again as you should have all of the important information sent to you in an email. If you completed the course face to face then you will need to contact the training provider who you completed the course with and ask them for a replacement – just a heads up, they might charge you a small fee for replacing the certificate.

Can I Complete Responsible Service of Alcohol WA Certificate in Perth If I Am Under the Age of 18?

People under the age of 18 who want to undertake and complete the training course may do so, but minors may not be employed in establishments handling liquor in Perth. Those under 18 who have completed the RSA Perth training have to wait until they reach 18 years of age.

  1. jitendra gaudjitendra gaud03-16-2012

    i wish to do RSA (face to face )certificate course in pearth cbd please mail me address,cost,and duration of course

  2. JaimeeJaimee03-19-2012

    Hi Jitendra,

    Thank you for leaving a comment on our page. We have sent you an email to answer your questions about completing an RSA Perth.

    Thanks for visiting us!

  3. SophieSophie09-25-2012


    I’m 17 soon to be 18 & wanting to do bar work as Im full time study & need the night shifts, I undertand as a minor I can not do so but if I was to apply for my licence at 17 would it be valid for upcoming years? In other words, how long are the licences valid?


  4. JaimeeJaimee09-26-2012

    Hi Sophie,

    It certainly is. You can complete your RSA when you are 17 and start working in a bar when you are 18. If you complete the RSA Online in Perth it will last several years. You will just need to make sure in a couple of years whether you need to do an refresher course or resit the course, but you’ll have a good 2-3 years before you will need to do the course.

    Hope this helps, working in a bar is a lot of fun – so hope you have a ball.

  5. CoryCory10-15-2012

    Hey guys, just moved here from the UK on a visa and looking for help as to getting my RSA where can I pay and apply for it so I can get searching for bar work? Many thanks my good friends

    Regards, Cory.

  6. JaimeeJaimee10-23-2012

    Hey there Cory,

    Do you know where you want to work in Australia? Each state has different rules but if you want to work in Perth – then checkout this RSA Training Provider. They offer the RSA Online which can be used in Perth (WA), Queensland, NT and South Australia.

    If you have any more questions – feel free to leave us another message! Thanks for stopping by!

Leave a Reply

/* ]]> */