RSA Certificate

RSA Certificate

An RSA Certificate is a legal requirement under Australian law for any person serving, supplying or selling alcohol in a licensed premises. Each state in Australia has specific courses that must be completed. All over the country, national and state governments have put into effect certain laws regarding the sales and distribution of alcoholic beverages. This has been done not only to ensure the well-being of customers, but also to ensure that staff members in establishments serving liquor are aware of their duties and responsibilities regarding alcohol. An RSA Certificate provides personnel with the knowledge and skills they need in the conduct of these duties and responsibilities.

RSA Certificate

Where Can I Get an RSA Certificate?

Australia has hundreds of training providers where you can complete an RSA certificate. Although each state has variations on RSA requirements, there are numerous training providers where you can complete your RSA Certificate. It is best to check the legal requirements regarding RSA in the state you want to work in so that you’ll know which training program is best.

For more details, you can check the specific page on our website for the city or state you want to work in. This will give you the information you need to find the right RSA Certificate for you. If you are looking to complete your RSA Certificate online then we recommend you checkout this Training Provider, however if you want to complete the course face to face, then we recommend you complete it with this Training Provider. They are some of the cheapest and best training providers we could find.

Who Needs an RSA Certificate?

As mentioned, regulations are different in each state. This means that each state dictates which staff members really need an RSA Certificate. However for the most part, all personnel involved in the handling of liquor are required to obtain an RSA Certificate. This includes, but is not limited to:

  • Licensees
  • Security staff
  • Bar staff
  • Floor staff
  • Promotional staff
  • Managers/owners
  • Volunteers

For more information, you can simply click on the relevant link among those given on this website.

Why Do I Need an RSA Certificate?

An RSA Certificate is a prevention method meant to minimize the effects of intoxication. It promotes responsible supplying and serving of drinks to customers. The general RSA Certificate training program identifies the importance of knowing all about alcohol in order to deal with harmful situations or understand when not to serve an alcoholic beverage. The course includes, but is not limited to the following topics:

  • Understanding the effects of alcohol on the human body
  • Preventing excessive alcohol consumption
  • The responsibilities and advantages of an RSA Certificate
  • Refusing service to minors
  • Dealing with intoxicated customers and potentially harmful situations

Can I Still Complete an RSA Certificate Program If I Am Under the Age of 18?

Requirements regarding the age at which minors can work in establishments serving liquor vary from state to state. However, people under the age of 18 are allowed to undergo and finish an RSA Certificate in Australia, in preparation for employment at 18 years. It is against Australian laws for any minor to be served and consume alcoholic beverages in licensed premises.

Leave a Reply

/* ]]> */