Responsible Service of Alcohol WA

Responsible Service of Alcohol WA

Responsible Service of Alcohol WA

The Responsible Service of Alcohol in Western Australia (WA) is a requirement for all staff working in establishments that deal with the supply and service of alcohol. According to WA laws, venues and their staff members are required to have an RSA-WA Certificate to ensure they are fully equipped with regard to their duties and responsibilities in handling alcoholic beverages.

Where Can I Get a Responsible Service of Alcohol WA Certificate?

There are numerous providers of Responsible Service of Alcohol WA training courses that cater to all individuals. You can even complete the National Accreditation for WA online. The most important thing to remember when looking for a training provider is to check the provider has been duly accredited by the WA Department of Gaming and Liquor.

We recommend you checkout this Online training provider. They are accredited by the necessary authority and are the cheapest online providers we could find. If you would prefer to do the training face to face then we recommend this RSA training provider. They have a training facility right in Perth CBD. At time of writing, there is no expiration date on the National Accreditation. If you want more information about completing the RSA Online please follow this link to another page on our website.

How much Does an RSA-WA Certificate Cost?

National Accreditation undertaken online generally costs from $50-$80, depending on the training provider. For more information regarding training providers, click on any of the links provided on this site. For any questions or comments, you may also post them here in the comment sections and we’ll get back to you and answer any questions you may have.

Is a Responsible Service of Alcohol WA Certificate Necessary?

Undergoing and completing a Responsible Service of Alcohol WA Certificate is mandatory in WA for everyone involved in the sale, supply and service of alcoholic beverages.

Supervisory Staff

Staff members who are in supervisory positions such as managers in licensed premises must have finished the Nationally Accredited unit of competency – Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol (SITHFAB009A). A certificate that shows proof of completion of any of these units given below are accepted in WA:

  • Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol (SITHFAB009A) – National Accreditation
  • Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol WA (THHBFB09A)
  • Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol WA (THHBFB09B)

All Servers

Responsible Service of alcohol WA

All people serving liquor on licensed premises must have completed an approved Responsible Service of Alcohol training course in WA. However, servers may also take non-accredited abridged courses from the approved training providers listed below. Another option is for servers to undergo the National Accreditation as referred to previously. National Accreditation is the more recommended choice as it is accepted in most states and territories in Australia, including SA, NT and ACT.

Approved training providers for abridged training courses are:

  • Clubs WA
  • WA Hotels and Hospitality Association

The RSA-WA Certificate is a preventive method to minimize the intoxication of customers, and limit the potentially dangerous situations arising from excessive liquor consumption. The RSA-WA Certificate aims to provide employees with the knowledge and skills regarding, but not limited to the following:

  • Definition of a standard drink
  • The effects of alcohol on the human body and on society
  • Prevention of intoxication
  • Dealing with drunk customers and dangerous situations
  • Refusal of alcohol service to minors
  • Importance and benefits of an RSA Certificate

Can I Complete Responsible Service of Alcohol WA Certificate If I Am Under the Age of 18?

Minors who want to take and complete the training course are allowed to do so, but no one may be employed in establishments handling liquor in WA if they are under 18 years of age.

Leave a Reply

/* ]]> */